Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Music and Coffee

I'm sure everyone has their own personal selection of music they love to listen to all the time, but have you ever thought about the music you listen to while enjoying a cup of coffee or if you already do listen to music when consuming coffee, what is it? I recommend you all to check out the band Morphine then next time you are relaxing and enjoying a cup of coffee. Morphine is an alternative rock group which originated in 1989, which may be why none of us really know who they are because they ended the band in 1999. This was probably a time when people like myself were not big into music, at least not the alternative type of music, growing up in the 90s, the music I listened to was NSYNC, 98 degrees, S Club 7, Britteny Spears, etc. So why listen to 'Morphine' while consuming a cup of coffee? Morphine is a jazz/rock with very interesting vocals, when I hear them I associate it with low key pubs/bars with lots of cigarette smoke filling up the place. If the band could be labeled it would have the association of low rock. Low rock music gives off the relaxing vibe, so next time you have a cup of coffee don't forget to check out the band 'Morphine' and it has been said to help enjoy the cup of coffee.
Here are lyrics to one of their songs- pretty face: Love's strange, bee sting, what a fool I've been Serpentine, lives unwind, trees sing, flowers cry A fronter town, carpet brown, picking gold, raining down This time I do it now but I'll fast forward to a better spot now I can go back, later I remember the place But it's not so easy to erase a pretty face Erase a pretty face, a pretty face Hand on mind, all this time unraveling this ball of twine Butterfly back, climb through paths, not too slow, not too fast Perfect place, pretty face, nice place for a rattlesnake Perfect place, out of face, a good day to make a mistake Each time and I do it now, fast forward to a better spot Go back later, I remember the place But it's not so easy to erase a pretty face

1 comment:

  1. Good looks on the blog. Morphine was a good band. I think it is interesting how you linked it to coffee.

    ReplyDelete